All British Day Parramatta Aug 24 2014

General Mini and non-Mini related chat.

Moderators: PhillB, Jonesy, timmy201, Sir Alec

Unread postby Sir Alec » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 pm

Phill B.

Could I please have an indication of who is interested in attending The "All British Day" at Kings School Parramatta is on Aug 24, 2014.

This is one on the largest car shows on Australia and well worth a visit. Last year saw over 1700 cars attend. The day is hosted by Kings School and coincides with their annual fair.

If you are interested in coming along and displaying your car I need an indication of who would like to attend so that I can arrange entry tickets. The tickets are $5.00 each.

Because of the expected number tickets are needed for entry of display cars.

If you are a member of the NSW Mini Car Club you will be aware that you can alternately purchase tickets though the club as they will have their own designated display area on the day.

We can still arrange to drive up from Wollongong as a group on the day regardless of which club or group you will have tickets with.

So if interested in tickets please post your interest below.

For info about the day please see

http://allbritishdaysydney.asn.au

Cheers

Phill

16 Jul 2014, 09:22
timmy
All British Day

Hi Phill,

I'll be going up with MCCNSW. We are staying up there overnight so we don't have to get up too early (I think we have to be parked by 9:30)

Tim

16 Jul 2014, 11:49
James
All Brit day

Hi Phil

I would definitely be interested in displaying my car on the day. Count me in!

Thanks
James

16 Jul 2014, 17:45
All British Day
SteveP

Phil, I will be going, I have arranged tickets with MCCNSW. I'd be happy to meet up for the drive there.

16 Jul 2014, 22:16
Bruce
All British Day

I'am interested in the All British Day Phil

18 Jul 2014, 09:03
Phillb
British day

Ok so at this stage just James and Bruce need tickets.

Anyone else?

18 Jul 2014, 13:30
kevin
all british day

I,ll be in on this run, Phil and i had a great run up and back last year ! and the car displays were fantastic even our unofficial one .

20 Jul 2014, 17:57
SteveP
All British Day

Phil

I suppose I should have asked. Which way do you normally go, Hume or F6

21 Jul 2014, 22:49
Phillb
British Day

Hi SteveP. We'll work out the drive up later. I'm sure we can workout a pickup point along the way. I mainly want to confirm who needs tickets.

Is there anyone else who needs tickets.

So far I'll get tickets for

Myself
James
Bruce and
Kevin

If there's no one else wanting tickets I'll put in an order shortly.

22 Jul 2014, 10:08
Wayne
24 Aug

Definitely out for this one - Grandchildren being Christened.

Best of luck boys & girls.

04 Aug 2014, 14:29
Wayne
24 Aug

Definitely out for this one - Grandchildren being Christened.

Best of luck boys & girls.

04 Aug 2014, 14:33
PhillB
All Brit day

I have the tickets for those that wanted them.

Can I suggest we meet at the Shell servo at Bulli at 7:30am for the drive up.

If you want to drive up separately you'll need to let me know so I can get the tickets to you.

Anyone else going up is welcome to join us for the drive but remember you cannot go into the display area without a ticket.

Cheers

Phill

12 Aug 2014, 10:44
James
All Brit day

Hi Phill

I checked on the All British Day website and they'd like all cars in place by 9:30. Could we maybe meet a little earlier? I would say it would take over an hour to go up and I hear it takes quite a while to get into the King's School itself. I'd think we may have to meet before 7 to ensure we're there in plenty of time

Regards
James

13 Aug 2014, 19:33
PhillB.
All British Day

Ok thats fine with me.

Lets meet at 7.00am and aim to get away not long after. The drive up shouldn't be too much over an hour. It's true it can take a while to get in. I guess better safe than sorry.

If anyone would rather have their ticket sent to them in case you think you might miss us or be late let me know and i'll post it of you can pick it up prior. Bear in mind if we don't arrive together we won't be parked together as we are in a mixed area.

I't probably worth with bringing some folding chairs ext if we want to sit around etc.

My mobile is 0429671649 if you need to get in touch with me. (call or SMS)

Cheers

Phill

14 Aug 2014, 06:51
PhillB
All Brit

I'm not sure what effect a week of rain will have on this car show, so keep an eye here and I will try to keep it up to date on what is happening.

Phill.

18 Aug 2014, 11:24
timmy
All British Day

I'll meet you guys at the servo at 7am. If the weather is awful again I'll stay at home though!

18 Aug 2014, 11:36
SteveP
All Brit Day

Boy am I confused, I had this day marked on my calendar for the 31 Aug, even my ticket says 31 Aug

So which way are you guys going, are you heading up to the Hume Hwy or not?

19 Aug 2014, 20:27
kevin
all brit da
y

hi guys , the show on Sunday has been cancelled as reported on the web site . May be a chance on 14th Sept. but if not ! Sunday 24th 2015

20 Aug 2014, 08:01
Phill B
Kings show

As Kev has mentioned the event has been cancelled.

From the website....

"Unfortunately due to Sydney's current unseasonal rain this weekends event has been cancelled. The fields at Unfortunately due to Sydney's current unseasonal rain this weekends event has been cancelled. The fields at the school are already waterlogged and with more rain over the next couple of days the fields will not be usable on Sunday.

There is a possibility that the show can be moved to september 14th. Watch this space!"

Steve there must have been a change at some earlier stage, I had a different date originally too. Our tickets have had the date altered.

Anyway keep an eye on their website and here for updates.

20 Aug 2014, 11:07
timmy
All British Day

I was looking forward to this...

I'm on the roster for work on the 14th of September too, which is a shame.

Anyone up for a drive nonetheless if the weather is fine? Same time and place, maybe drive up through the national park and back?

20 Aug 2014, 11:48
James
All British Day

Real shame, I was looking forward to the show, last year was so good - Although I didn't have the mini there.

I'd like to go for a drive... But now I have to take the engine out this weekend, so it kinda worked in well in a way

20 Aug 2014, 21:15
PhillB.
All Brit Day Kings

I'm all good to go for a drive but maybe not so early, say meet at 8:30 instead??

23 Aug 2014, 08:23
Timmy
ABD

Sure 8:30 at the shell servo at bulli?

23 Aug 2014, 15:18
Phill B.
All British Day

OK why not :-)

See u then

23 Aug 2014, 19:47
timmy
ABD

If it's still raining in the morning I'll give it a miss. I'll let you guys know by 7:30 am if I'll be along or not

23 Aug 2014, 20:11
Timmy
AB
D

Weather looks good, I'll see you guys soon

24 Aug 2014, 07:06
timmy
All British Day

Association of British Car Clubs

NEXT 'ALL BRITISH DAY' NOW CONFIRMED AS SEPTEMBER 14th 2014!

On September 14th the show will go on! Please note the school fair will not be on but we will have food facilities, stalls, coffee and most importantly lots of fine examples of British Motoring.

More details will be listed as they come to hand. Watch this space!

http://allbritishdaysydney.asn.au/

31 Aug 2014, 10:10
PhillB
ABD

from http://allbritishdaysydney.asn.au

CANCELLED AGAIN!!!!

Well the rain has not let up and the grounds are still water logged from August. Today the grounds men at The Kings were concerned that there was little chance that the grounds could dry out sufficiently enough to support the movement of over 1500 cars.

So now the next All British Day in Sydney will be in 2015- bigger and better than ever.

09 Sep 2014, 05:19
Sir Alec
Site Admin

Return to General Forum