Canberra Terribly British Day - 7 dec

General Mini and non-Mini related chat.

Moderators: PhillB, Jonesy, timmy201, Sir Alec

Unread postby Sir Alec » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 am

James P

Hey y'all

I know I'm being pretty heavy with my posts lately - But I was wondering if anyone is keen to head up to Canberra for the Terribly British Day on the 7th Dec?

My girlfriend and I are heading up on the Friday night and will come home after the show Sunday evening. It's her birthday on the Sunday, lucky her getting to spend it at a car show :P so we thought we'd make it a nice weekend out.

I've checked with the organisers and they're keen for us to come and display our minis. Would be nice to support the ACT guys and meet some cool people.

Cheers guys
James 14 Nov 2014, 14:55

PhillB.
Canberra Show

I'm definitely planning to be there, it's a great day and the Canberra guys have made the effort to come up to our Show in the past and even to some runs over the years so it would be really good to return the favour.

At this stage I'm not sure if I'll make a weekend of it with my Son or just come down for the day,

I'll dig up some photos from last year and post them up. 15 Nov 2014, 20:32

James P
Canberra

Ah awesome Phill, it'll be good to have someone to drive home with the Sunday afternoon/evening. Keen to see some of those pics from last year! 17 Nov 2014, 11:59

timmy
Canberra

This is the same day as the MCC NSW annual show n shine and picnic, which I'll be going to.

Hope you guys have fun in Canberra! 23 Nov 2014, 10:11

Wayne
TBD

We plan on heading over early Sunday morning to join up with the ACTMCC lot. As a member we were going (as we regularly do) to the evening dinner the preceding night. But this year with costs to be paid up front and the chance i cannot go (medical reasons) i wasnt prepared to fork out.

But as some of you know the ACT members are a very family and lovely bunch - very keen to go! But in my red - car - hmm... maybe, but not probable. 23 Nov 2014, 14:32

James P
TBD

Wow Timmy, that means there's three show n shines on the one day!

Hi Wayne, hope to see you there then. I haven't met any of the ACTMCC members before but hopefully will get to meet a few and have a good time

James 23 Nov 2014, 21:08

TBD

Wow Timmy, that means there's three show n shines on the one day!

Hi Wayne, hope to see you there then. I haven't met any of the ACTMCC members before but hopefully will get to meet a few and have a good time

James 23 Nov 2014, 21:08

Bruce
All British Day

Hi Phil
Won't be able to make the the trip, Have a safe trip and a great day 28 Nov 2014, 08:06

James P
TBD

So, Terribly British day is this Sunday, I'm heading down tomorrow afternoon and Phill is going Sat morning. Is anyone else thinking of going? 04 Dec 2014, 21:45
Sir Alec
Site Admin

Re: Canberra Terribly British Day - 7 dec

Unread postby PhillB » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:04 am

Heres a pic from our trip, we got chased away by the Federal police after this effort. :D

I'll post more in the Photo section when I get a chance.

DSC_0353.jpg
DSC_0353.jpg (80.35 KiB) Viewed 329 times
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Return to General Forum