Tickets for All British Day - who's interested.

General Mini and non-Mini related chat.

Moderators: PhillB, Jonesy, timmy201, Sir Alec

Re: Tickets for All British Day - who's interested.

Unread postby PhillB » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:35 pm

I have the tickets now. They were $5 each just pay me on the day.

Can I suggest we could meet at Bulli Shell Servo at 8am. If anyone decides to make their own way up then let me know and I will post the ticket to you, but if we at least arrive together then we will be able to park together.

Phill
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Unread postby timmy201 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

PhillB wrote:
timmy201 wrote:I've got a ticket from MCC. They've asked for us to get parked by 9:30, I don't know if everyone else wants to get there that early?

We would probably depart Bulli at 8am. That would see us arrive at around 9:15.

Is that early enough if you wanted to join us Tim?

Does departing Bulli at 8am sound OK to everyone else?

Yep, sounds good. Shell servo at Bulli or somewhere else?
timmy201

Unread postby Bruce Hayward » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:06 am

:mrgreen: Hi All
Kevin and james would you to meet at Keys Batteries at 7.15am Sunday for the run to Bulli to meet Phil so we can go together for the All British Day, Weather permitting??????
Bruce Hayward

Unread postby jprior2912 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Bruce Hayward wrote::mrgreen: Hi All
Kevin and james would you to meet at Keys Batteries at 7.15am Sunday for the run to Bulli to meet Phil so we can go together for the All British Day, Weather permitting??????

Hi Bruce,
I live in Woonona so I'll meet you at the shell servo in Bulli as it's much closer than keys for me.

See you then (hopefully weather holds out)

James
jprior2912

Unread postby PhillB » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:38 pm

So as planned we will meet at the Shell Servo at Bulli near the roundabout at the end of the Northern Distributor at around 7:50am with the plan to leave at 8am.

I have everyones tickets.

(Bruce, almost all of us are from up this way so we won't be meeting at Keys Batteries)

Given there has been a lot of rain I would suggest everyone keep an eye on http://allbritishdaysydney.asn.au for any cancellations.
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Unread postby jprior2912 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:13 am

PhillB wrote:So as planned we will meet at the Shell Servo at Bulli near the roundabout at the end of the Northern Distributor at around 7:50am with the plan to leave at 8am.

(Bruce, almost all of us are from up this way so we won't be meeting at Keys Batteries)

Given there has been a lot of rain I would suggest everyone keep an eye on http://allbritishdaysydney.asn.au for any cancellations.

Hey Phill,

Just had a thought, more than happy to meet at the servo, but it's a shame we couldn't meet at a cafe or something and have a coffee before the trip up.

Happy to go with the flow though if the servo is easier.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get canned this year!

James
jprior2912

Unread postby timmy201 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:06 pm

I've just emailed the contact on the website to see if they are expecting the day to be cancelled.
Paramatta has only had 30mm of rain the last few days, http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml
Compared to Albion Park with over 250mm http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml
So we might be ok?

My whole family is in town for a birthday on Sunday and I haven't finished putting the car back together so I might not be able to make it..
timmy201

Unread postby jprior2912 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:48 pm

timmy201 wrote:I've just emailed the contact on the website to see if they are expecting the day to be cancelled.
Paramatta has only had 30mm of rain the last few days, http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml
Compared to Albion Park with over 250mm http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/IDCJD ... test.shtml
So we might be ok?

My whole family is in town for a birthday on Sunday and I haven't finished putting the car back together so I might not be able to make it..

I think we'll be alright, as you said Parramatta really hasn't had much rain - I work in Sydney and it's been Sunny/partly cloudy with no rain the past couple days. So fingers crossed!

What happened to your car TIm?

James
jprior2912

Unread postby timmy201 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:58 pm

jprior2912 wrote:I think we'll be alright, as you said Parramatta really hasn't had much rain - I work in Sydney and it's been Sunny/partly cloudy with no rain the past couple days. So fingers crossed!

What happened to your car TIm?

James

I'm halfway through putting in the Hi-Lo set. I didn't realise I'd have to drain the fuel tank to move it across to undo the shock to put the hi-lo in :roll: I'll give it another go tomorrow morning hopefully.
timmy201

Unread postby PhillB » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:44 am

jprior2912 wrote:
PhillB wrote:So as planned we will meet at the Shell Servo at Bulli near the roundabout at the end of the Northern Distributor at around 7:50am with the plan to leave at 8am.

Hey Phill,

Just had a thought, more than happy to meet at the servo, but it's a shame we couldn't meet at a cafe or something and have a coffee before the trip up.

Happy to go with the flow though if the servo is easier.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get canned this year!

James

We could do that if you want, where do u suggest? We could go to Bulli beach cafe sometime before 7:30 and have coffee, and still pass thru the servo at 8am incase anyone still comes there.
PhillB

PreviousNext

Return to General Forum