Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free entry

General Mini and non-Mini related chat.

Moderators: PhillB, Jonesy, timmy201, Sir Alec

Re: Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free entry

Unread postby PhillB » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Gav wrote:Yep no worries thought I'd be pushing it. Just slipped my mind until last night. I'm working on the 15th May but all good will catch another gathering someother time.

Sorry Gav, pretty sure they only just closed of the registrations recently.
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Unread postby Sir Alec » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:10 am

If you are registered to attend the Airshow on Sunday you will probably have received the below instructions for entering the show recently via email.

We will be meeting as a group at the Hungry Jacks at Haywards Bay at 7:45am if you wish to enter together as a group. We will leave there for the show at 8:15am sharp. If you miss us or wish to enter in your own time please note below that they will close Classic Car entry at 8:30am.

Please ensure you have printed tickets to cover everyone in your car.

Please check here for any changes.

Thanks

MITG

Dear Classic Vehicle Owner,

Thank you for registering to attend Wings Over Illawarra for the purpose of displaying your vehicle. Below is some important information regarding the event. Please take careful note as these instructions are different from previous years.

On the Day

When you are arriving at Albion Park Rail, whether it be from the North or the South you will need to turn into the Airport Precinct from the Princes Highway via Airport Road at the traffic lights.

The Traffic Management staff will direct you to turn left into Hargraves Avenue. You will be directed to move to the middle lane. At the end of Hargraves Avenue you will be directed to turn right into Airport Gate 13 (Past Boomerang Avenue, Eastern boundary of the airport)

Once you turn into the entrance at Gate 13 the staff will direct you to your designated parking area. All clubs have been allocated spaces with your fellow club members. Due to the limited space all vehicles will need to remain in their allocated spaces.

Access to the area will be from 7:00 am until 8:30 am. This is not negotiable and gates will be closed at 8:45 am to allow access for the general public onto the Airshow site.

Each vehicle owner has already been sent a complimentary ticket. If you have not received your complimentary ticket please contact me and I will rectify the situation. Passengers in your vehicle will need to purchase a ticket prior to entering, either online or at the gates to the airfield. Staff will be available to assist you. If you wish to purchase tickets for your passengers these can still be bought online at http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/pa ... -admission

Leaving the Airfield

All Classic Vehicles that have agreed to display at Wings over Illawarra will be required to remain on the site until 4:30 pm. This is once again not negotiable. Gates will be locked until 4:30 pm.

To ease traffic when you leave the airfield you should turn left as you depart and leave via Airport Road.

We are looking forward to you and your classic vehicle being a part of Wings Over Illawarra. If you have any questions please do not hesitate in contacting me on 02 4208 3997 or admin@wingsoverillawarra.com.au.

Regards
Kerry Bright
Sir Alec
Site Admin

Unread postby jprior2912 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Is anyone going but not taking their mini? Ive got a ticket and wanna go but have no driver if someone wants to drive my car?
jprior2912

Unread postby PhillB » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:29 am

jprior2912 wrote:Is anyone going but not taking their mini? Ive got a ticket and wanna go but have no driver if someone wants to drive my car?

If you can't find anyone to drive your car I'm happy too give u a lift down there and into the show if you can't take your car.

The other option is if think you can get someone to help u get your car down to Hungry Jacks at Haywards Bay then I might be able to see if there is anyone willing to drive it into the airport for you. (I can contact the MCC guys ...I'm sure there will be someone who is willing do that)
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Previous

Return to General Forum