Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free entry

General Mini and non-Mini related chat.

Moderators: PhillB, Jonesy, timmy201, Sir Alec

Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free entry

Unread postby Sir Alec » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

After discussions between 'Minis in the Gong' and 'Mini Car Car Club of NSW' we have decided to combine our entry to the event in 2016. The advantage of this is that all the Minis attending can be allocated a common display area.

'Minis in the Gong' Mini owners should therefore simply register under 'Mini Car Club of NSW'. You do not need to be a member of 'Mini Car Club' to register.

See info and links below. If anyone has any questions regarding the event please post here.

Here is this year’s information about “Wings Over Illawarra”, Mini Car Club of NSW, have registered this year as an attending Club, and invite all “Mini’s in the Gong” along, below should be on our Website and in our Magazine shortly, remember one free ticket for the driver, and purchase other tickets before end of January for early bird discount, please see more details below.

Mini Car Club of NSW, will be attending "Wings over Illawarra" on Sunday 1st of May, and invites all “Mini’s in the Gong” members to join us this year, and be in one large group.

There is limited space for the car display, so please apply for your tickets early.

As a special thank you for those displaying cars, drivers of participating vehicles will be issued with a complimentary entry ticket and admitted at no charge.

To obtain a complimentary ticket for the driver, you will need to follow the instructions on the “Wings over Illawarra” website, and register your vehicle, under the “Get Involved” box http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/pa ... otor-clubs.

When you “Register Your Vehicle” in the area “Club Member of”, use the drop down box, and select "Mini Car Club of NSW" as the club you are attending with.

For all other people attending, including vehicle passengers, an entry ticket will need to be purchased, details are also available on “Wings over Illawarra” website, under the “Tickets box http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/pa ... -admission

Purchase tickets online before 31st January, 2016 to receive a substantial “Early Bird Discount” on ticket prices.

Before registering please ensure you are able to attend for the full duration of the show, as the vehicle access gates will be closed at 8:45am and will NOT be re-opened until the conclusion of the air display at approximately 4.00pm.

Registration of Vehicles and ticket purchasing will be up to each Individual.

Convoy Run Details,

We will Convoy down from McDonalds, Heathcote, leaving at 7:15am, with a pickup at, Hungry Jacks, Haywards Bay, leaving there at 8:15am sharp, to arrive by 8:30am, and in place by their 8:45am deadline.

More information, Rob Weir, 0418-161 918, or Michael Benton 0411-019112.

Regards Rob Weir,
Mini Enthusiast Chairman,
Mini Car Club of NSW.
Sir Alec
Site Admin

Re: Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free en

Unread postby timmy201 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Third time lucky? The last two events didn't turn out as they had planned..
timmy201

Re: Wings over Illawarra Air Show - Registration and free entry

Unread postby jprior2912 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:19 am

I've registered for the show. I really hope the weather is good for them this year.
jprior2912

Unread postby timmy201 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 am

I got my ticket emailed to me last week, it took over a month to come through!
timmy201

Unread postby jprior2912 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

timmy201 wrote:I got my ticket emailed to me last week, it took over a month to come through!

Oh wow, really??! I got mine the day after I registered!
jprior2912

Unread postby PhillB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:00 pm

timmy201 wrote:I got my ticket emailed to me last week, it took over a month to come through!

yeah me too.
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Unread postby Gav » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:39 pm

Hey guys is it too late for a entry to the Wings over the Illawarra?h
Gav

Unread postby timmy201 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Gav wrote:Hey guys is it too late for a entry to the Wings over the Illawarra?h

Hi Gav,

According to their website they aren't taking any more entries. Not sure if this means they are full, or it is too close to the event to register? We have a run coming up on the 15th of May to a car show at Berry, maybe we can see you there?

http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/pa ... otor-clubs

Tim
timmy201

Unread postby Gav » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Yep no worries thought I'd be pushing it. Just slipped my mind until last night. I'm working on the 15th May but all good will catch another gathering someother time.
Gav

Unread postby PhillB » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Could those who have registered to attend with their classic car ensure that you have received your Complimentary Entry Ticket via email. You will need to print out this ticket for entry with your classic car on the day.

It is also very important that any passengers in your car also have their general entry tickets printed and ready to present. If passengers in your car do not have tickets they may be made to queue up at the entry gates.

General entry tickets can be pre-purchased online from the "Wings over Illawarra" website. http://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au

Please note the meeting times and details at the top of this post and keep a check of this forum post for any last minute changes.
68 Morris Cooper S Mk1 (*ex 78 1275 LS 4th last built, 70 Morris 1500 OHC & 70 MiniMatic)
PhillB

Next

Return to General Forum