Friends of Tomerong Union Church
· Following eight years of fundraising, restoration and maintenance the Friends of Tomerong Union Church ceased to exist in August 2009. With almost all of their objectives completed the Church buildings have been fully restored and returned to the Trustees. Consequently this site is largely historical and provides a record of what was achieved during those years.
· The maintenance of the buildings is still an ongoing concern and assistance, both financial and otherwise, would be welcomed. We encourage the community to use and support these buildings so that they may be preserved for future generations. The buildings have provided a service to the Tomerong community for over a century and we should not let this important physical link to Tomerong’s past disappear due to lack of acknowledgement and use.
· Check out our presentation for a more pictorial representation of what FOTUC was about plus some other links Click Here
· Plant Sales may no longer being held every month, but keep your eyes open for the sign outside the Church for advice of the next sale. Other than donations these fundraisers represented the Church’s primary source of income for the restoration and maintenance of the buildings so, if future stalls appear, please support these initiatives. Remember the land and buildings are not owned by any government or religious organisation, but held in trust for the people of the village and their descendants.
· A big thank you to our major sponsors TOMERONG QUARRY, SHOALHAVEN CITY COUNCIL and Terry and Sandra PARKINSON. Without these supporters the buildings you see would have been lost forever. Also thank you to our other important sponsors All Terrain Fencing, Knudsens Tanks & Roofing, Stramit Industries, Waratah Plumbing Services, Sal's Excavations, Kevin Mitchell Electrical, D&P Timbers, Jervis Bay Signs, Tomerong Post Office & General Store, and North Nowra Taxation Service.
· If you would like to see where FOTUC got its finance from and how the money was spent then click here.
· Our last 'All Stars Variety Concert' that saw over $3000 raised to support the Union Church restoration. For details of the event and some photos then click here.
· If you would like to support the maintenance of these buildings please contact the Church Trustees or ring 02 4443 4129.
· If you would like to know more about Tomerong's history then click here.
· If you have trouble reading the Adobe Acrobat files you may need to download Acrobat Reader Version 3 or later. Click below to take you to the Adobe Site.
· If you have problems with the FOTUC web site or would like to make a comment please contact us.